Thursday, July 7, 2011

Good Times in Washington

Benson has found a new talent. Cooking! He loves stirring, helping me saute', and pretty much any cooking utensil he can get his hands on. Maybe making him watch all those episodes of Master Chef will pay off.
We visited a local car show where we were able to see lots of muscle, torque, and people's passion for cars. This lotus was a gift to me from my baby daddy. Thanks honey!

We have visited the local splash park on many occasions due to the sweltering heat. Lincoln and Benson love it!
Lincoln loving gettin' sprayed!

Benson is kind of independent. Ok, he is really independent. He will only eat if he is able to feed himself with his own utensil. It is fun to watch, but sometimes meal times go on for days.
Benson picking out ingredients for his next yummy dish!
Our family pretty much lives at the park. This is Howard Amon park which sits right on the river. It is so beautiful!




On June 24th, Benson celebrated his first birthday. I can't believe my sweet boy is a year old. Benson has brought so much happiness and naughtiness into our family. We love you so much!

Benson spent his birthday morning eating muffins and playing with sidewalk chalk.
I guess turning one made his feel big enough to climb up and go down the slide by himself.
Lincoln showing us some love at the splash park!

Benson opening presents!

Eating his birthday cupcake! Can you tell that he loved it?

More pictures from the Richland car show


After the car show we headed down to Amon Park to pay homage at the Renaissance Faire. Let's' just say "interesting" doesn't quite describe it. The picture below is a group of belly dancers showin' us some moves. They offer a belly dancing class every month. Any takers?
Knights just after they finished a jousting competition. Really cool!
Below was my favorite. If you can't read the sign it says, Tarot Readings by James. And there in the middle is James. Need I say more?
Every Saturday a movie is shown in the park. We showed up super early to get a great spot and take in the pre-show entertainment. Lincoln having a hay-day in the bouncy house.
All of my men puppy guarding our sweet spot. Great job guys. You done good!

Remember how I wrote about showing up early for the pre-show entertainment? Well here it is! Dell showing off his karaoke skills. Along with Dell's performance was a Barbershop group. They were awesome. As the group was leaving, I walked by and thanked them for a great performance. They then serenaded Lincoln and I with a rousing rendition of Mickey Mouse. We felt special!
We have really enjoyed our time in Washington and can't believe we will be moving again in a month! Crazy!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Benson looks SO grown up I can't believe he's one! we miss you and your boys! Looks like your having a great time in washington though!!

Jen said...

Is that a male belly dancer?! Sweet. And James. Oh James. Gotta love those festivals. It all looks super fun! I should have picked that side of Washington. Nothing but rain, sometimes moderately warm days, and more rain on this side of the state.

Sierra said...

I'll do a belly dancing class with you ;)
Looks like a lot of fun!

Vicki said...

Thanks for the updates. It was really fun to see your adventures in Washington. Those boys are the cutest ever. I love the one of Lincoln crossing the bridge. Your comments make me laugh out loud. Thanks Tara.... I am really hoping we can find James when we come to visit!!

Megan said...

Are you in the tri cities? We live here and go to that park all the time.

Amber Parkinson said...

Looks like a fun place- we are glad you are enjoying it there! I can't believe Benson is already a year old! He is growing so fast. Can't wait to see you guys soon.