Before we left Forest Grove we tried to throw in a few fun activities. Here is Benson sporting his "I should be on a gap poster" hat just before we entered the craziness of a downtown Portland Saturday Market. We ventured out on what was I think one of the only sunny days in like 45 days. And that is not an exaggeration...well maybe just a teensy bit.

We arrived at Water Front park just in time to see this Native American dance routine. It was awesome. However, I don't know that I am that dedicated to my heritage to dance in this ginormous head dress in the sweltering weather. I know, I am the worst!
Then we came upon "silver man" (I know really clever naming on my part). He did all sorts of cool tricks with some glass-looking balls. However, unless you paid the piper (or paid the silver man in this case) by dropping a few bucks in his hat you were not given the pleasure of viewing Silver's (for short) bag of tricks, which I am sure he spent hours practicing in his garage.
Lincoln loved playing in the Waterfront Park fountain. Along with 3,000 other children who had also been deprived of the sun for the past 6 months.
These are all our groupies who came to chill with us on this epic day. That was my version of Portland weird people talk. If the only thing we did when we came was sit and people watch, let me tell you my friends, it would have been well worth it. It was interesting walking along the board walk seeing pot-smoking hippies trying to sell their gothic art and their "change your life" incense burners. Along with the dozens people holding clipboards begging for your signature to make Marijuana legal. As if Portland isn't crazy enough! Indeed it was interesting!
This is an old steamboat parked along the edge of the Columbia river. Cool right?
Our next venture was out to the Woodburn Tulip Festival. It was awesome! The only thing that wasn't awesome was the fact that Lincoln had stomach flu the day before and really wasn't in the mood. Hence the lack of pictures. Benson gearing up for the big day by getting his recommended daily serving of fiber by eating dirt and sticks. That's my boy!
Forgot my Sunglasses! Biggest mistake of my life!
Just taking it all in...without pants.


The only shot we got of Lincoln. Even though he wasn't feeling well he was a trooper. Of coarse that came with a lot of bribery.
Looking Studly!


These red and yellow tulips were my favorite. A must in our yard someday!

Benson really wanted to get a feel for his Swedish heritage by sitting in a wooden shoe. Oh ya! Feelin' Swedish!
Dave wanted to get in on the action too!

If only I were a little Swedish girl!

We were so amazed that it was clear enough to see Mount Hood. A real rarity in these parts. So beautiful!

The greatest and last thing we did was take a much needed trip to the coast with Dave's Mom and Dad. They were so kind to make it possible! We stayed in a great hotel on the boardwalk in seaside. We shopped and ate and went to the beach and ate and shopped and then ate the best peanut butter cookies I have ever had compliments of the hotel. Sweet!
Lyle showin' us some love!
Can I just say gorgeous? This was the view from Oswald West State Park. Love it!
This is a suspension bridge, one like you would see in Indiana Jones or something. It was kind of scary and wobbly, but it was also so amazing.
Dave won me over with his charm and wit!
Don't be jealous!
All in all we had a great time! Thanks Lyle and Vicki and thanks to my Husband and Boys for being totally awesome! Coming soon to a blog near you...a recap of our time in Forest Grove.



6 comments:
What great pictures... I know I say that everytime!! sorry ... I am just not very creative or original... I AM DYING to see that tulip field... how amazing!!
Tara... I love you comments... I am laughing out loud.
Love those grandboys... I am so lucky!! Blessed is probably the better word!!
Love you guys so much.... Mom
I'm so sad that I didn't get to say goodbye to you before you left. Wishing you the best on all your new adventures! We miss you guys!
Goodbye to the Grove!! Hey, we'll see ya in Utah. We'll get some lunch at Cafe Rio :)
Tara, we miss you guys so much already and it has only been a week. I kind of avoided the goodbye, sorry. Without it, everything doesn't seem so final. And we will all be back in a year anyway right? Well, let me just say you look tiny in the tulip picture. Jealous. Hope everything is going well in Washington!!
"Just taking it all in...without pants." Laughed right out loud at that. SO cute!
What fun times! I'm so excited for you all and what's coming next!!
Big loves!
What fun! You guys know how to have a good time :) Can't wait to see you guys again.
Post a Comment