Dave's class pre-white coat. AKA "plain old students"

Dave's class post-white coat. A.K.A "totally awesome Optometry Interns"
The White Coat Ceremony is a "rite of passage" for students beginning the study of medicine that encourages a psychological contract for professionalism and empathy in the practice of medicine. The event emphasizes the importance of both scientific excellence and compassionate care for the patient.
Dave's class reading their Optometric Oath

The white coat is a symbolic, non-verbal communication used to express and reaffirm a fundamental belief in a system that society observes. The authority of dress is serious and purposeful, not social, casual, or random. It is a guide to both the patient and clinician on how to react and relate to one another.
The uniform should convey to even the most anxious patient a sense of seriousness and purpose that helps provide reassurance and confidence that his/her complaints will be dealt with competently and seriously.

Dave I must say you look quite dashing!

We are so grateful for so many wonderful friends who have made our time in Forest Grove a time we will never forget.


I am especially grateful to have been around such amazing women. I know that these women are much of the strength behind those white coats. I love you girls!

We were so privileged to have Dave's Mom and Dad here for this great event. I know they are much of the reason Dave is here. Thanks for helping to make Dave the amazing man that he is!

Congratulations Dave! Thanks for all of your hard work! We are so proud of you!
6 comments:
Looks like there might be some sort of round belly epidemic where you live; you are the cutest victim :)
Great pix and great post. What a wonderful memory. We are so proud of both of you and the way that you try to find "balance" in your lives. With school, the apartments, Lincoln, church responsibilites and a new one on the way. The two of you always put the Lord first and I know that He has blessed you for that. David thanks for the example that you are to the whole family....
Tara, thanks for being such a great daughter and always making us feel included and loved. Thanks for your support and care of David and Lincoln. As I have mentioned before BUT not nearly enough... WE ARE SO BLESSED!! WE LOVE YOU!!!
You guys made it! :) Tara, you look SOOO beautiful! Cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen. Your dress is so dang cute, too!
Love the picture of you and Dave on the stage. You look so pretty. Love you Tara
Yeah!! -we are so excited for you and proud of you guys! Ready to move on to the next step? We are praying and cheering for you. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Tara, you look so good. Can you really be 35 weeks? Getting close!
Man do I miss you guys! It is great to see some wonderful pictures of you guys. Let me just tell you how proud I am to know the Parkinsons (all of you:)
On another note, I had to zoom in pretty good on that first pic to see you Dave- looking good, even in a crowd. Then, I thought maybe there was a height requirement to attend Pacific- wow, some tall ones you go to school with. Finally, it looks like the thing to do is to attend optometry school while having a child...but apparently not until your second year, huh? I wonder if that holds true for law school too? Hmm....I'll be sure to let you know.
Well,this just goes to show why you don't just let anyone view/post on your blog:)
I love you guys. Take care. See you soon (hopefully:)
Post a Comment